sábado, 27 de marzo de 2010

whirlwind week 2

So, just finished my first week of teaching college English. A very interesting experience to say the least. I'm absolutely loving it! They really scared us before hand about how bad the students were and how disrespectful and how they're never on time and bla bla bla.....the 'on time' thing, barely an issue (I made a rule that they're absent if they're more than 10 minutes late, and they all showed up on time); respect wise - they talk a lot, but they're sweet and funny and interested and I have no problems getting them to listen.

I am loving it! I never thought I would like teaching older students, but just goes to show you, I really have no idea what I'm talking about.

I have a kind of tough schedule: I'm teaching Monday through Saturday, from 1 1/2 a day to 5 hours a day. The worst is more the metro and bus trip there: it takes about an hour and a half to get there. So a lot of my day is spent just in travel. Kind of stinks, but...it's a great location, up in the mountains, and the air is cleaner and it's a beautiful campus.

This first week, as expected, was nuts nuts nuts. Tons of planning and craziness. Haven't really had a moment to myself. In addition to normal first week of class craziness, I was finalizing everything with my apartment. I'm really sad to be leaving the group; we've become so close, but I think we're all really looking forward to not living out of suitcases and nesting a bit.

Otherwise, it's fantastic down here. Tomorrow I'm heading out to Vina del Mar, on the coast, with Connie and then next week, for Easter, I think we're all heading to Mendoza, Argentina. I'm excited about both and definitely hoping I get that first paycheck before I head out....otherwise, trip #2 may not be happening.

Okay, wanted that to be short. Whoops. Love you all, sis

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario